We are very pleased to announce a new facet of IAM Able – the Keith Howell Mobility Trust. This new venture is the result of a partnership with a private sector company Howell Ventures Ltd. Beginning in September we will be accepting applications to award equipment to aid disabled persons in operating their vehicle. We will be making awards 4 times yearly.
Because driving aids require physical and auto certification (including a recommendation from a driving rehabilitation specialist) the application process for this mobility trust requires several steps. You are welcome to contact us to get advice as to how the certification process works. Let us help you succeed!
For inquiries in USA email us at: [email protected]gmail.com
For inquiries in Canada email us: [email protected]
1. Mobility equipment as awarded by IAM Ministries via the Keith Howell Mobility Trust will be for driving aids as manufactured by Howell Ventures Inc.
2. The application and supplementary information must be submitted in connection with a CDRS/DRS who is a member and good standing with ADED.
3. The application must be accompanied by proof of applicant competency for the equipment that is being applied for by the prescribed CDRS/ DRS.
4. IAM Ministries with Keith Howell Mobility Trust is to be considered as a secondary source of funding. Attempts for local/state funding are to be primary in attempt to secure funding. A copy of all documentation to support declined applications must be included in application.
5. Applications must be fully complete.
6. Applications must supply information in support of vehicle physical condition. Including: Current registration, Current insurance, Current motor vehicle inspection in states or provinces that require annual government inspection. In a case where the vehicle is not registered to the applicant a letter from the registered owner explaining the relationship between the user and the vehicle owner will be required.
7. Grants will be withdrawn 45 days after having been approved if equipment has not been installed or installation rate/appointment has not been confirmed.
8. After an award has been granted, IAM Ministries will notify H.V.L. of the particulars of the award. H.V.L. sta will make arrangements with a Sure Grip trained installer for installation of equipment.
9. All equipment awarded will be shipped to installing dealer only, never to applicant.
10. Only completed applications with all supporting materials will be considered for funding. All applications will be accepted electronically ONLY.
11. You must include a valid email address and all requested materials in order for your application to be considered valid.
12. Currently only applications from the Continental United States and Canada are being considered.
13. If the applicant is already in possession of like driving aids the applicant will not be considered for funding.
We are temporarily not accepting applications at this time. Please check again shortly to see when the applications are back.